Below you'll find some games to review your Digestive System.
The digestive system breaks down food so that it can enter your bloodstream and can be used.
Here is the simple steps of digestion -
- Digestion begins in your mouth when you chew food
- The saliva starts initial breaking down of the food
- Then - it moves down to the throat where epiglottis blocks food from going into trachea
- The muscles of esophagus contract and move the food down to the stomach
- In the stomach - food is mixing with the acid
- Then - mixed food moves into a small intestine where digestion takes place. Also - needed nutrients are absorbed here
- The food that cannot be absorbed enters the colon and becomes waste.